The 5 Takeaways from the Coyotes introduction of

first_img The 5: Takeaways from the Coyotes’ introduction of Alex Meruelo GLENDALE, Ariz. — Head coach Bruce Arians, now in his second year with the Arizona Cardinals, meets the media each day during training camp.Here, in this space, we’ll highlight many of the key topics and personnel conversations he has with reporters following the morning walk-through:“Really nothing changed from yesterday, the walk-through was very good. As I told our players in the meetings last night, it’s really hard to call this camp anymore. There’s no physical grind to this stuff like it used to be. It’s all mental. For us to get where we want to go, our mental error sheet and penalty sheet has to really decrease from where it was last year and it really should now that we’ve been in this for a year.” “I think our return game should benefit with speed alone, but also giving us the ability to do a few different returns and maybe have multiple guys out there at the same time. We used Patrick (Peterson) and Tyrann (Mathieu) a little bit together last year and we’ll still have that package when Ty comes back and how much we use Patrick is still yet to be seen.”On having three kickers in camp:“It should be a healthy competition (with Jay Feely, Danny Hrapman and Chandler Catanzaro). We’ll just play it out.”On whether or not he’s OK having a rookie as his kicker should Catanzaro win the job:“I don’t give a (expletive) what position they play. If they can play, they can play. Everybody has got to be a rookie sometime.” – / 22 Derrick Hall satisfied with D-backs’ buying and selling Grace expects Greinke trade to have emotional impact Top Stories 0 Comments   Share   On the league looking to crack down on derogatory/insensitive language during games:“To me it’s a very touchy subject. The officials have a hard enough job. Men are men. It’s a men’s game. Things will be said out there, whether derogatory or not and there’s no place for derogatory and demeaning, but it’s hot out there. I’ve got to start with me because I get very hot on the sidelines. You have to watch what you’re saying now because there are so many microphones involved, but for the officials to try to officiate language, I think we’re stepping out of bounds.”On the 4th and 5th wide receiver position:“Fourth or fifth is always decided on special teams, on how you’re going to get your hat on Sunday. If you can play on special teams as a fourth or a five, especially a five, and be a core special teams player, you’ll dress every Sunday. But if you’re just a receiver—it’s two dogs and one bone and they’ll fight it out all week and who gets to play. I’m anxious to watch that battle.”On hoow the speed of Ted Ginn, Jr., John Brown and Walt Powell will help the return game: Former Cardinals kicker Phil Dawson retireslast_img read more

Rep Chatfield announces June office hours

first_img09Jun Rep. Chatfield announces June office hours Categories: Chatfield News State Rep. Lee Chatfield invites residents of the 107th House District to join him during local office hours throughout the month of June.“In addition to traveling across the district every week, I am committed to holding monthly office hours in order to stay accessible to anyone who has a concern, question or problem they are encountering with state government,” said Rep. Chatfield, R-Levering.Since taking office, Rep. Chatfield has consistently held monthly office hours in every county he represents.His June office hours schedule is:Friday, June 12thChippewa CountyFrank’s Place123 W. Portage Ave. in Sault Ste. Marie9 -10:30 a.m.Monday, June 22ndCheboygan CountyPurple Tree Coffee336 N. Main St. in Cheboygan9-10:30 a.m.Emmet CountyLegs Inn6425 N. Lake Shore Drive in Harbor Springs1:30-3 p.m.Monday, June 29thMackinac CountyHawk’s Landing720 W. Huron Drive in Pointe aux Pins (Bois Blanc Island)2-3 p.m.No appointment is necessary and there is no cost to attend. Anyone unable to attend may contact Rep. Chatfield’s office by calling (517) 373-2629, via email at leechatfield@house.mi.govor through his website at www.RepChatfield.com.last_img read more

April Office Hours

first_img Categories: Steven Johnson News 13Apr April Office Hours State Representative Steve Johnson invites residents of the 72nd House District to join him during local office hours:Friday, April 21 Kent CountyBob Evans6565 Kalamazoo Ave. SE, Gaines Township10:30 – 11:30 a.m.center_img Allegan CountyColonial Kitchen1825 142nd Ave., Dorr8:30 – 9:30 a.m. “I am committed to being accessible and in touch with residents, and monthly office hours provide a great opportunity for people to share their concerns and opinions,” said Rep. Johnson.    No appointment is necessary and there is no cost to attend. Those unable to attend are encouraged to call Rep. Johnson’s office at 517-373-0840, email StevenJohnson@house.mi.gov or visit his website at www.RepJohnson.com.last_img read more

AE Networks has promoted Dirk Hoogstra to executi

first_imgA+E Networks has promoted Dirk Hoogstra to executive VP, development and programming, for its History and H2 channels. Hoogstra is one of the programming executives responsible for History’s smash-hit cable series Hatfields & McCoys and has been given a wider role following its success.Hoogstra has been senior VP since 2010 under A+E’s president of entertainment and media Nancy Dubuc, to whom he’ll continue to report into in the new role. Moving forward, he’ll continue to oversee History and H2′s programming teams, and will also seek to integrate new programming with online initiatives.He will continue to look at new drama projects, but the focus for the nets he is responsible will remain in the unscripted world. Speaking about Hatfields and scripted programming he told TBI: “Our core business will always be unscripted and that allows us to have 100% original content, but we’ve seen the pay cable channels make historical drama a priority and said this is a space we should own.”Alluding to other factual networks moving into drama following History’s succcess with Hatfields, he said: “It would have been nice if we could have owned that space a little longer.”last_img read more

Other rightsholders to Formula E include ITV Frenc

first_imgOther rightsholders to Formula E include ITVFrench pay TV operator Canal+ has secured rights to Formula E motorsport, the new category that pits all-electric cars against each other, for the next three seasons. Following a deal brokered by MP & Silva, Canal+ will televise live races for distribution in France, Andorra and Monaco.The Formula 1 Association has already struck a deal with Fox Sports for Formula E covering 88 territories around the world, as well as agreements with TV Asahi in Japan, ITV4 in the UK and CCTV in China.“I’m delighted to announce this new broadcast deal with Canal+. We want to ensure audiences around the world can watch this exciting new motorsport series and this latest agreement further strengthens our global outreach alongside existing deals with Fox Sports, China’s CCTV, ITV in the UK and Japan’s TV Asahi. We also still have more deals to announce before the opening race in Beijing on September 13,” said Ali Russell, director of media at the Formula1 Association.“We are very glad to be part of this new motorsport series. This new competition at the heart of big cities is a great opportunity to create a new and exciting live TV show for our subscribers, as we already do with Formula One and WRC. Canal+ is definitely the channel of motorsport in France,” said Cyril Linette, Canal+ Group sports director.last_img read more

Nordic telecom operator Telia has struck a deal to

first_imgNordic telecom operator Telia has struck a deal to take control of Bonnier Broadcasting, owner of Swedish commercial broadcaster TV4 and Nordic pay TV channel provider C More for SEK9.2 billion (€890 million).Johan DennelindTelia said the move was in line with the strategy adopted by the Board in 2014 to create a new Telia Company with the Nordics and Baltics as a base, in which TV and content are important parts of the company’s offering to its customers.The acquisition comes after a four-year period in which Telia has focused on building its own TV distribution business. The company now provides TV services to 1.8 million homes in Sweden and Finland and last year acquired exclusive rights to the Finnish ice hockey league, the Liiga.The telco said that the acquisition would be facilitated via a new business unit that would be a separate entity within Telia. The company said that Bonnier Broadcasting CEO Casten Almqvist would become CEO of the new business area.Commenting on the deal, Almqvist said that Telia’s acquisition would provide Bonnier Broadcasting with new opportunities to extend the reach of its programmes and services to users in Sweden and Finland.Telia said that it would extend its own ethics and compliance framework to ensure continued editorial independence within its new broadcast assets.Telia’s emphasis on its support for Bonnier Broadcasting’s editorial independence reflects the political sensitivity of the deal. The Swedish state is Telia’s biggest shareholder with a 37% stake. The acquisition will therefore give the state an indirect stake in the country’s major commercial broadcaster alongside its ownership of public broadcaster SVT.Casten AlmqvistTV4 provides a range of advertising-funded channels as well as the advertising-supported Fotbollskanalen and Köket services, alongside pay TV outfit C More, comprising a streaming service and a range of linear pay TV channels. The group also owns Finnish commercial broadcaster MTV and C More Finland.Bonnier Broadcasting generated revenues of SEK7.5 billion in the year to March, and EBITDA of SEK600 million. According to Telia, the acquisition price represents an EV/EBIT multiple of 15.4, or 7.7 including full run-rate synergies. Telia said it expected to generate synergies of SEK600 million from the acquisition in 2022.“It is a very important day for Telia Company. The acquisition is a natural next step to complement Telia Company’s core business, where our millions of customers give us a very strong position in the market. Together with TV4 we will serve customers and viewers in new ways and create new business opportunities,” said Johan Dennelind, President and CEO of Telia Company.“We have great respect for our new role as a media owner and have a clear view of how we will maintain the editorial integrity of the business going forward. I look forward to welcoming some of the most talented TV-content producers in the Nordics to Telia Company.”Tomas Franzén, president and CEO of Bonnier AB, said: “We are proud of what we have achieved with our businesses within Bonnier Broadcasting. Telia Company, with its leading mobile networks and technical capabilities, will be an excellent owner and develop these businesses further.”Telia’s acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting follows its agreement to acquire Danish telco TDC’s Norwegian assets earlier this week.Telia’s strategy of merging distribution and content assets at a pan-Nordic level closely resembles the strategy abandoned by TDC following its acquisition by Macquarie. The Danish telco had struck an agreement to acquire Bonnier’s Swedish rival Modern Times Group’s free and pay TV assets prior to agreeing its own sale to Macquarie. Subsequently TDC has pivoted to focus exclusively on its Danish fixed and mobile infrastructure business.Telia was linked with Bonnier Broadcasting in May, signalling the telco’s new interest in entering the content space.The acquisition is the latest in a series of big changes in the Nordic TV market, which has seen MTG move to split its business in two and Swedish mobile telco Tele2 acquire cable operator Com Hem.last_img read more

The scene in Strabane following the bomb attack la

first_img The scene in Strabane following the bomb attack last monthTWO men arrested over a murder bid on police officers last month have now been freed, say police.The men, aged 46 and 48, who were arrested in Omagh and Strabane on Tuesday (11 April) by detectives from PSNI’s Terrorist Investigation Unit.They were detained under section 41 of the Terrorism Acit by detectives investigating the attempted murder of police officers in Strabane on March 21. ShareTweet strabaneTWO MEN RELEASED OVER BOMB MURDER PROBE ON POLICE OFFICERScenter_img Police say the men, who were being questioned at the serious crime suite at Musgrave PSNI station, have now been released unconditionally.During the attack, the device exploded as a police patrol car passed Townsend Street in the town.Detectives say the officers cheated death in the attack, saying the device had been triggered by command wire from a vantage point overlooking the road.TWO MEN RELEASED OVER BOMB MURDER PROBE ON POLICE OFFICERS was last modified: April 13th, 2017 by John2John2 Tags:last_img read more

Jeremy Corbyn has called on Boris Johnson to ban f

first_imgJeremy Corbyn has called on Boris Johnson to ban fracking “immediately”, as fresh research by Labour reveals that the UK’s 2050 net-zero carbon emissions target would otherwise be impossible to meet.Ahead of a visit to energy firm Cuadrilla’s fracking site in Lancashire, where environmental activists are demonstrating, Corbyn accused the government of allowing fossil fuel companies to ignore ecological concerns in their pursuit of profit.“Instead of bending the knee to a few corporations who profit from extracting fossil fuels from the ground, we need to change course now,” the Labour leader said. “It’s the next generation and the world’s poorest who will pay the price if this Conservative government continues to put the interests of a few polluters ahead of people.”In his first speech to parliament as Prime Minister, Johnson promised to lead the world in delivering a carbon-neutral country by 2050, but has previously embraced the fracking boom as “glorious news for humanity”, while describing climate change as a “primitive fear” that is “without foundation”.New analysis conducted by Labour shows that the government’s target will be impossible to reach if the UK exploits its entire shale gas reserve. Hydraulic fracturing, which blasts porous gas-bearing rocks with tons of chemicals, sand and water, has also been linked to increased risks of cancer, asthma and birth defects. Cuadrilla’s fracking site near Blackpool was repeatedly forced to suspend work for causing earth tremors that surpassed the 0.5-magnitude limit.The Labour leader has renewed the party’s commitment to a transformative economic programme that tackles both inequality and the climate crisis.He commented: “Tackling the climate emergency cannot be left to the free market. Labour will ban fracking and our Green Industrial Revolution will face the climate emergency head-on and leave no community behind, transforming our country’s energy supply and creating 400,000 good, well-paid jobs across the country.”Beyond motions related to Brexit, the conference motion drafted by campaign group Labour for a Green New Deal is thought to be the most popular policy proposal among local parties.If passed, it would mean Labour’s highest policy-making body approves of bringing the net-zero emissions target forward to 2030.The plan for a ‘green industrial revolution’, led by John McDonnell and Rebecca Long-Bailey, could form the central plank of an early election campaign.Tags:Boris Johnson /Labour /Fracking /Jeremy Corbyn /last_img read more